Friday, January 14, 2011

A note to the person who left a note for me on the South Laundry bulletin board:

To my friendly neighbor,

Thank you for the kind note.  I have been thinking of you and the note since I read it last week and am finally responding.  Please forgive my tardiness.

I too think parties shouldn’t be loud.  I love the sound of children in a pool and hope that the people who live close love it too, though.

A pool party sounds like a great idea!  If we all come, we could each invite four non-association members and there could be a great turn out.  I would really like to meet my neighbors face to face instead of through the Internet, letters and even note like this.

As for the board meetings: I am confused.  Sometimes they are advertised as the fourth Wednesday and elsewhere the fourth Monday.  The worst part of that is that I have responsibilities for those evenings into late February.  I am looking for a friend to attend the next meeting and tell me what goes on – I imagine it’s quite a lot more than what is printed in the minutes.

In order to bring more discussion to the community I placed a few sheets of lined paper and a pen on the bulletin board at the mail boxes but it seems that I have a critic.  I also have an online forum for people to read, comment and – soon – write about goings on and issues important to Village Woods.  Please feel free to visit at http://vwfunparty.blogspot.com.

My “Political Party” is an attempt to bring openness, discourse and fun back to what I think is the far too sterile process of community management.  I want the Village Woods Association to be a leader in a new, democratic, fun and property-value-increasing movement.
It has been a pleasure corresponding with you.  Please feel free to e-mail me through the website above or to continue posting these great old-fashioned letters.

Most sincerely,

Kevin Six

No comments:

Post a Comment