Sunday, August 23, 2015
The condo that started it all is for sale. If you know someone who wants to buy it (and can understand how associations work), please show them this link:
Thursday, July 9, 2015
This is what I'm getting each member of the Village Woods Owner's Association as a going away present. If you would like to send a present, just ask for each board member's name and home address and I will do my best to get them for you. But you'd better hurry though, because they're going off the board, moving out of state, and settling into new homes and jobs very soon.
For the intrepid President, Valerie, I am getting "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich," a warm winter coat, and those chocolate covered macadamia nuts she likes so much. Jim, the real estate agent who no longer lives at the Village Woods, is getting a walker. But just as a joke because he's finally retiring after so many years of service to the board and the people who live and own at the Village Woods.
He's also getting a copy of the California Real Estate Association's Ethics Manual. Finally, for the third member -- and the second Val, I'm getting a gift card for the Rite Aid pharmacy. Lord knows how expensive medications are not to mention psychotropics.
Everyone is getting carryon luggage, too because -- can you imagine? --they're all moving 1,000 (or more) miles from San Diego. I guess I should get something for Hugo, our previous Community Manager, too. Such a sad thing, losing your job like that -- and his company losing the Village Woods contract.
Well, when the law gets unvolved, there's really no other way. I guess we could take up a collection for his family; it looks like he's going away for a long time.
Well the good news for me is that I got a rather large settlement and it was more than enough to fix all the damage done to my unit. We're still selling, though; we were offered so much to sell and a long vacation is in the works so stay tuned for postcards.
I'll get you my new address just as soon as we close escrow on the new place. And don't forget to email me for everyone's address.
Or I guess I could just leave them here in the comments. But that's up to Vallerie, Jim, Val and Hugo. Isn't it?
Monday, May 18, 2015
Friday, May 15, 2015
These include members of the board of the Village Woods Owners' Association, the Community Manager and her assistant. If the CM is intellectually challenged, the ACM is a charity case.
The only people who are more stupid than these two are the four people who will soon be a party to the funniest lawsuit you ever saw.
Bugs Bunny quoting Winston Churchill: "of course you know, this means war."
Friday, April 10, 2015
Thursday, April 2, 2015
My concerns are these:
- There is a whole on the balcony above my condo
- There is water damage all up in there and probably my wall
- The Association has promised to replace balconies but...
- Only balconies at or near Association board member condos have been replaced
- They are going to vote on whether to replace the balcony above mine -- whenever they have a meeting next
- I cannot get my condo appraised, rented, sold until these folks act
Monday, March 2, 2015
|This is water leaking into my condo from the common area.|
- Was not of my doing
- Is to do with water entering my condo from the common area
- They (N.N. Jaeschke, Inc.) have denied
- Has become worse since the rains began
- And it is, for sure, a GAPING HOLE IN THE STUCCO on the patio above my sliding glass door -- as you can see in the photo above
Actually, why did I have to discover it?
Because N.N. Jaeschke, Inc. -- or at least the people I have come in contact with -- have a way of dealing with problems: Deny them; grudgingly accept responsibility after I do all the legwork and provide proof; delay, delay, delay; continue to deny; mis-communicate; etc. I have dealt with an Assistant Community Manager, a Community Manager, and a Manager Supervisor at N.N. Jaeschke, Inc. and, all I can say is -- I want to complain long and loud -- to:
- The Board of Directors
- Someone -- anyone -- at the management company (N.N. Jaeschke, Inc.)
- The California Association of Community Managers
- The State of California
- Obtain assistance from the Social Media Hive Mind